- Snorkeling experience in Silfra fissure, located in Thingvellir National park from Reykjavik
- Certified PADI diverguide / Divemaster
- Admire the raw landscape of the UNESCO-listed national park
- Visit Lake Thingvallavatn and snorkeling in the blue depts of Silfra fissure
- Learn how the rift between the European and American tectonic plates slowly drifts apart by the force of nature
- Small-group tour, limited to 6 people per guide, ensuring a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
On arrival, don your dry suit and snorkel and prepare to plunge into the crystalline depths of the Silfra fissure. Listen to a comprehensive safety briefing and then descend to discover a mesmerizing underwater tableau. Gaze at a ravine that stretches some 82 feet (25 meters) below the water's surface and then follow your guide to some of the fissure’s most scenic spots. Glide effortlessly between American and European continents and see jagged rocks and gaping voids that lead to the molten core of planet Earth.
Return to sea level to dry off and relax during your journey to Reykjavik, where your tour concludes.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years old
- It is recommended to bring a change of clothing, packed lunch and warm undergarments
- All snorkelers must fill out a medical form before participating in the tour
- You need to know how to swim to be able to participate in this tour
- This is a small group tour ensuring a more personalized experience limited to 6 participants per guide.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Tour photos from your snorkeling adventure available for purchase for a small fee
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arctic Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "We went with a small group which I recommend if you are older and not in your best physical condition." See review